State of the Soil Virtual Summit
January 23-27, 2017
The goal of State of the Soil is to deliver small Ag a mindset and set of tools to tell their farm’s story. The mindset to make the decision to promote one’s self-proved to be a major hurdle for many market farmers.
People know they needed a social media presence. Farmers understood the need to market. There just seemed to be no clear starting point. We found people felt so far behind, taking the first steps were like stepping out of the thick, sticky mud.
Over the last few years, I have been fortunate to have met some people leading their niches within our industry as well as business men & women in which I have learned valuable lessons. So why not invite everyone to one event to share our individual stories to give back to our industry and inspire a thirst to learn many the lessons of running a farm business.
The outcome? Discussions that connected each lesson spawned higher thinking methodology, and showed that sales & marketing were just as important as the perfect crop.
I personally met some people along the way playing at much higher levels than the people around them. You could see the drive, ambition, and results in everything they said and touched. I’m thrilled to have documented the entire journey to share with anyone who wants more from their farm, business, and life. The line between people operating ethically and with a positive outlook became a mile wide as was exposed to these remarkable people and to those who never seem to be happy. The re-affirmation of positivity, cooperation, patience, and hard work was a theme played out again and again. We are talking kindergarten fundamentals here.
State of the Soil V.irtual Summit breakdown.
Upon signing up to attend for free at http://stateofthesoil.com, you will receive the following access beginning January 23. Each day at 6 AM Central you will receive an email with your daily schedule of 6-7 presentations, speaker pages, and PDF’s. You can watch as much or little for 24 hours. The next day at 6 AM you receive another day’s schedule. This pattern will continue until our last day on January 27th.
Free downloads right off the bat
- Andrew Mefferd’s interview. Andrew is a market farmer rock star and editor of Growing for Market Magazine, an industry staple resource for over 20 years. His book The Greenhouse and Hoophouse growers Handbook is available for pre-order through this link: http://www.growingformarket.com/store/products/182
- SotS white paper on starting and scaling a farm.
- Farm Charm a Social Media Basics eBook
- A 365 day Social Media posting guide & post brainstorming resource. Also packed with 100+ photo ideas & examples. This one eBook alone is worth the price of the all access ticket.
- A checklist of how Nick runs his own farm in Paris, Texas. People just don’t hand out things like this.
- A Farmer’s Market guide to help you express the importance of local food to your clients.
The Speaker lineup:
- Dr. Nate Storey, Upstart University and founder of Bright Agrotech: Continuing Education.
- Jon Kozlowski, Growers Supply: Hydroponics, market & client development, and farming for profit.
- Tim Kelly, SunTex Capital: Investors, finances, & funding.
- Andrea Shackelford, Harvest Seasonal Kitchen: Selling to Chefs, restaurant needs, and sales. How to build a farmer/Chef relationship.
- sales. How to build a farmer/Chef relationship.
- Kevin Schmidt, Doodly Dee’s Farm: Farm Tax and operations.
- Randy Cummings, Johnny’s Selected Seeds: Market development, forecasting crop trends, and seeds.
- Steve Rodrigue, Johnny’s Selected Seeds: Permaculture, seed development, and trials.
- Nanci & Terri Taylor, the sister duo behind Edible DFW: Local Food Trends, the farm to table movement, and restaurants.
- Karin Kloosterman, Flux/Eddy: Emerging Ag-tech & global agriculture impact.
- Henry Gordon-Smith, Blue Planet Consulting, Agritecture, Association for Vertical Farming: Urban Farming, Vertical farming, Ag-tech, and Start-ups.
- Arisa Rice: Veterans Resources for starting a farm.
- Kason Bryden, Prod44: Media relations, press, and interviews for your farm.
- Jeff Bednar, Profound Micro-Farms: Farm Real estate and how to buy your dream farm
- Chris Powers, wildgrowth.org & The Verticle Farming Summit: Building a strong network.
- Ken Armstrong, Ouroboros Farms: Aquaponics
- Andrew Mefferd, Growing for Market Magazine: Protected Culture production & market development.
- Maryna Higgins, Underground Greens: Microgreens
- Genevieve Flanagan, The Urban Acre Homestead: Farmer’s Market Sales and Permaculture.
- Stacey Givens, The Side Yard Farm: Farm Events, Farm to Table, Catering, and life on & off the farm.
- Brett Judd, Marriages Worth Millions, Entrepreneurial Farm Life Balance.
- Shawn Snyder, Your Virtual Marketing Machine: Social Media
- Tony Corso, Corso Images: Photography story telling.
- Jane Schinasi, The Hope Bearers Documentary Series: A world View on Agriculture
- Nick Burton, Blue Ocean Marketing, Market Development, Added Value Sales. Opening and closing presentations.
Speakers have supplied links, discounts, and PDF’s for additional resources.
- A deep dive into using Facebook for market research.
- A Q&A session where Nick & Jeff Bednar looks at questions being asked from Facebook farming groups. What is being asked?
- How to make a promotional video.
- Live sessions and networking.
- No BS answers, tough love from a place of caring about small family farms.
A closed Facebook group for support and wisdom of a hive. Positive attitudes only. Our moderators will protect this group from negativity and spam.
All access member benefits:
- Unlimited Lifetime Access to all presentations to watch over & over.
- The ability to share with your sales & administrative staff.
- Exclusive member webinars throughout 2017, which will cover topics you want us to explore as well as a series of predetermined topics and guest interviews yet to come.
- Exclusive discounts from vendors.
- Discounts on all future paid training programs.
- Monthly Newsletter with industry news and topics related to marketing.
- Opportunities that are only available to AAP members.
- Virtual Office Hours where members can log in for additional help twice a month with myself and guest industry insiders.
I’ve seen packages like this go for $1000-2000. I have paid for courses and events like this myself at these prices. I know this will be the lowest price you will ever see anything this complex offered for farm marketing and business development for farmers by a farm business owner. This Summit is an incredible event.
My goal was that each presentation to spark a fire that would lead to a thought process that would either save or lead you to earn $100 this year. There are 30 presentations. I believe if you were to take this information to heart and apply these principals to your own circumstances you have the ability to earn $3000 extra this year. If you never learn anything else add $3000 per year consecutively and the return on investment of attending this summit is staggering.
I can’t guarantee anyone’s implementation, but I will guarantee that if after 30 days from purchase you don’t like the program I will refund 100% of your payment, no hard feelings.
You need to do your research yourself; you need to vet me- I get that.
I want you along for the ride. I want you to be the farmer everyone looks at and goes. “ how are they doing it?”. Inspiration like this is hard to find. I’m inspired, and I would be doing you a disservice by not telling you about State of the Soil.
No more excuses, no more self-limiting thoughts, no more barriers. I’ll see you on the inside.
Plant Seeds Daily,
This pre-summit launch early bird special will be the lowest price ever offered. And it ends in 4 Days. However, DO NOT BUY a pass if you don’t plan on implementing some of these ideas. DO NOT BUY if you are not an action taker. This summit is for those who look for solutions and ways to fix them, not for negative mindsets and blame mentality. We are only taking leaders and action takers. If you are committed to yourself, I’m committed to you. If you are struggling, we will be there for support.
It’s not too late to get in.
Price increase schedule:
$147.00 (begins January 23, 2017)
$197.00 (begins January 28, 2017)