My biggest asset on my entrepreneurial journey has, without question, been my network of peers and people in and outside of farming that I can look up to.
This week (June 16th-25, 2017) you can attend one of my long term friends in this industry, Chris Powers of http://www.wildgrowth.org
Chris and & share many overlapping desires to help farmers build the best Agri-business the can. We are both in two high-level coaching groups together and have switched roles as mentor/mentee over the last couple of years.
I’m proud to see his summit come to fruition this week. I’ll be in and out at various times, but so many of the speakers that Chris has speaking are the epitome of leadership, industry disruptors, and thought leaders that every day of this online summit will be full of interesting lessons.
Here is Chris’ Summit description in his words:
The future of food is being developed in tech hubs and cities around the world. If you’re not currently in one of those places, going to live events is a great way to learn more about vertical farming and urban agriculture.
If you haven’t been able to make it to any in person AgTech events, I wanted to create this online event for you. Check out The Vertical Farming Summit!
I recently had the honor and the opportunity to interview a lot of innovators who are working hard to build the future of food.
[design by my friend Shaina Nielson, definitely recommend hiring her if you need any work done.]
We will be launching June 16-25th with some additional sessions and live training happening that week.
Here’s what you’ll learn during the summit:
- A methodology for developing your vertical farming business and planning for success.
- Lessons on building a mission-driven, venture-backed startup around fresh food.
- Creative new forms of distribution for gourmet plants and mushrooms.
- How to use crop data to unlock higher profits.
- How to turn waste into opportunity and using organics in hydroponic systems
- The Power of a Plant: A Teacher’s Odyssey to Grow Healthy Minds and Schools
- How to turn your positive environmental impact into a competitive advantage in the new economy.
- How to build your network and land exciting new opportunities in urban agriculture.
- Farm Marketing — How to boost sales and profits using automation and customer research.
- The 12 steps to becoming an urban or vertical farmer.
- Legal considerations when setting up a farm ag tech business.
- Why sunlight isn’t free and other insights from AeroFarms.
- Closed-loop technology and how to start growing your food at home.
- AVA, Urban futurism and the impacts of digitization on agriculture.
- Insights from successful agricultural businesses.
- Projects that you should be paying attention to and following.
- Top resources and recommendations for learning about urban agriculture and vertical farming.
- How to pitch your vertical farming business to investors.
- How to start small and scale up intentionally.
- … and many more sessions to be announced.
This summit will be 100% online, which means you can learn about these exciting topics and connect with the speakers from anywhere you can get a connection.
We’ll be streaming the summit for free from June 16-25th to reach as many people as possible.
If you can’t make all the sessions, you can grab an All-Access Pass.
I’m excited to share all of these expert interviews with you, and I’ll look forward to seeing you in the summit!
About the author: Chris Powers is an entrepreneur and urban agriculture advocate who is using digital marketing to share knowledge about emerging technologies in food. Sign up for his virtual summit and his blog to learn more.
I hope you can attend this perfect companion platform to State of the Soil. Always remain a student.
Plant Seeds Daily,